Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 8:25 PM
Replies: 754 (Who?), Viewed: 94854 times.
Page 31 of 31
Mad Poster
#751 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:44 PM
Random question: what kind of cats and dogs, if any, do people think would work best for each of the Widespot families? Do you see a particular family as "cat people" or "dog people", or have any particular breeds in mind for particular families (or individual sims - perhaps one sim from a family loves Labradors and everyone else can't stand dogs?)? I would also be interested in what cats and dogs, if any, people think would work well for Peni's County family, who feature in Meadow Creek, if anyone has ever played them. I always recreate them so that they can live in Widespot instead. Oh, and the Ottomai!
Mad Poster
#752 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:41 PM
I give "farm" families a good, smart working dog, like a collie or shepherd. But poor, dirty, stupid Sims only adopt stray dogs; the big, dirty, bitey ones. Upper-crust families get beautiful, well behaved cats. I never let them get a pet just because they randomly roll a want for one. That play-boy doesn't REALLY want a puppy - maybe I'll just let one of his girl-friends leave him with a "woops" baby...serve him right. The only pets that work (how many do YOU know?!) are pure bred (show business?). If a really lower-class family want to pay attention to, and train, their big dog, AND they are really poor, their big dog could get a job in security.

Namaste
Alchemist
Original Poster
#753 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:37 AM
Well, obviously Rich Mann has a pampered, snow-white cat.

grammapat, all the working dogs I personally know/knew are service dogs. Who all live with the person they work for, because how else would they do their job? I basically don't use the pet careers, unless it's a challenge that requires them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#754 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratje86
Random question: what kind of cats and dogs, if any, do people think would work best for each of the Widespot families? Do you see a particular family as "cat people" or "dog people", or have any particular breeds in mind for particular families (or individual sims - perhaps one sim from a family loves Labradors and everyone else can't stand dogs?)? I would also be interested in what cats and dogs, if any, people think would work well for Peni's County family, who feature in Meadow Creek, if anyone has ever played them. I always recreate them so that they can live in Widespot instead. Oh, and the Ottomai!

A bit of a late reply, but, in my mind: Lands and Beeches are dog people (big dogs for Lands, small ones for Beeches), Weisses and Harts are cat people. Manns are a difficult one - I think Rich was more of a cat person (but my Rich never had a cat), but his adopted son, Aden, is definitely a dog person. Junior's not really bothered either way. None of my Ottomai have ever had a pet, but if they did, I think they'd need both - it fits in with their chaos.

And Woody Weiss is the cattiest cat person who's ever lived! At one point he had six!

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Forum Resident
#755 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 2:35 PM
My pets are as random as the rest of my game. It's all inspired by random events in the game or issues that crop up in the way I play.

In the game, if sims roll a want or a stray happens by that seems interesting, I follow up and do what I can to let them choose and develop relationships.

As for how I play, at one point, I "got rid" of a lot of townies in Widespot by changing them to downtownies where there's no downtown attached.

In this case, though, one of the family bin sims (Cyd Roseland, now Cydney Rose, and Porthos) that I had planned to downtownify had a pet. I liked the idea of the sims wandering off "somewhere" on their own, but it didn't sit right with me to send the poor dog off on his own, so those two joined the community (turns out he's an old college chum of Nathan Gavigan and he's now joined the family in a poly relationship and Mary isn't sure which of them is the father...).

Anywho, these sims I had no intention of playing became important to the story in Widespot, because there was a random game-supplied dog that I didn't want to throw into the ether alone and the Gavigans were boring me.
Page 31 of 31