Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 11866 (Who?), Viewed: 255713 times.
Page 475 of 475
Scholar
#11851 Old Yesterday at 4:38 AM Last edited by lazzybum : Yesterday at 4:50 AM.
What is the safest way to delete custom careers? I'm guessing I have to make sure no one is employed in that career before I take it out. Is there a way to show a list of who is employed in a specific career, like in SimPE?

And when moving sims into a new lot, is it safe to take their pet bird or womrat by putting them in sim's inventory?
#11852 Old Yesterday at 4:46 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : Yesterday at 4:58 AM.
What's the fastest way to send everyone on a lot into aspiration failure at once? I want to see what happens.

EDIT: Figured it out. InSim has an option to set the aspiration score of a group of Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#11853 Old Yesterday at 5:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzybum
when moving sims into a new lot, is it safe to take their pet bird or womrat by putting them in sim's inventory?

I've done this with a bird at least once and it worked fine. I imagine womrats wouldn't be much different.
Link Ninja
#11854 Old Yesterday at 5:39 AM
I've done both, they are fine. Womrats never die though, not in my game. They are immortal little things.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11855 Old Yesterday at 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzybum
What is the safest way to delete custom careers? I'm guessing I have to make sure no one is employed in that career before I take it out. Is there a way to show a list of who is employed in a specific career, like in SimPE?

And when moving sims into a new lot, is it safe to take their pet bird or womrat by putting them in sim's inventory?

I believe sims in custom careers just have to be at home. Personally, I will have them all quit first.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Forum Resident
#11856 Old Yesterday at 4:02 PM
Anyone know of a workaround for moving a ninth sim into a college dorm? I have the larger households mod and it's a nine-room dorm but for whatever reason I can't move a ninth sim into the dorm I have.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#11857 Old Yesterday at 4:33 PM
Try having one of the first 8 propose/move in. Some of the bigger household mods balk at merging from neighborhood view but will let you invite move-ins endlessly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
just a girl
#11858 Old Yesterday at 5:03 PM
I think it's not allowed to invite people to move in to dorms. The workaround I can think of is to move a household out to a residence, invite ninth sim via proposition, then exit to 'hood view, move out the whole bunch to family bin and move in to a dorm. I have just recently tested moving larger families from bin to unoccupied lots - the game doesn't mind. It does mind, if a lot is occupied and you try to merge households.
Mad Poster
#11859 Old Yesterday at 5:12 PM
You can propose/move in dormies to make them playable, including ones that don't live there. Why wouldn't it be allowed with playables? The mechanic that moves dormies out to make room for dates and outing members who come back to the dorm implies an expectation that they'll be invited to move in.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
just a girl
#11860 Old Yesterday at 5:39 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. I kind of think I remember inviting someone into dorm, but recently all I got was dropped action, if I tried. Looking at code, the game has a function "Move in - Allow?" that returns false if lot is a dorm. Maybe what I remember was moving in by marriage. Marriage code looks like it can go around the test.
Anyway, if I were StrangeTownChick, I would try to invite first. Or even use teleporter mod - here's another workaround.
Instructor
#11861 Old Yesterday at 7:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
I believe sims in custom careers just have to be at home. Personally, I will have them all quit first.

Don't they still have memories attached to those careers, though?
#11862 Old Yesterday at 8:06 PM
Speaking of university, do secret societies generate in new empty hoods?
Mad Poster
#11863 Old Yesterday at 9:02 PM
The members do if you don't have a mod to suppress spawning; but if this is a custom university that started empty, you'll have to build your own secret society lot.

Theorist
#11864 Old Yesterday at 10:36 PM
If I put in a mod that causes a reset and then load up exactly one hood before closing the game and removing that same mod, will all my hoods be reset or just the one I loaded up while the mod was in?
Instructor
#11865 Old Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Just the one you loaded
Field Researcher
#11866 Old Yesterday at 11:46 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix, basically what Peni said, but also, when you build a custom university you should notice that you have the option to place down one of the three Maxis secret societies--they're in the lot bin. Once placed it disappears.

@Lamare, you can definitely propose/move in sims while in the dorm and @StrangeTownChick, you need to update your userstartup.cheat file to be able to move sims from the bin to a household with eight sims in it. Unless there's special dorm/uni coding that prevents it (and there could be, haven't done this in a university hood in a while), updating the cheat file should do it. I'll double check for you when I get home.

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
#11867 Old Today at 12:28 AM
Oh that great to know @Phantomknight that I don't need to build it or miss out on anything.
Page 475 of 475