Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 14545 (Who?), Viewed: 325829 times.
Page 582 of 582
Undead Molten Llama
#14526 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
How do I edit out the blush and mascara of Lyran's skinset? I've been on the hunt for more Maxis in-between skins lately and I found them through tumblr, but was disappointed that the faces came with makeup already blended in.

You'd need to extract the texture images that include makeup. I'd do it in SimPE because I hate Bodyshop. Then, edit the images in an image editor (i.e. Photoshop and the like) to remove the makeup. Then, back in SimPE, replace the original images with the edited ones you made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
New question: Is there a way to prevent visiting Sims from getting trapped inside other apartments?

You mean like when there's a "traffic jam" in a small hallway and the game pops the Sim into an apartment that isn't theirs to resolve it? I just turn on moveobjects (Well, it's always turned on in my game, but...) and enable tools (boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false) and grab them in buy mode and put them back where they ought to be.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14527 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:14 PM
More along the line of when visiting another apartment, sometimes visitors will go inside. Then if your playable leaves the entire thing blacks out and the visitor is still inside until you knock on the door again (which can be downright impossible at times). The Teleporter Cat isn't able to see them to zap them off.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Undead Molten Llama
#14528 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:25 PM
Hmmm, I can't say that's ever happened to me, probably because I don't often visitors over on apartment lots and when I do I don't go visiting other residents. I guess you can't see them to grab them with moveobjects on because otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question, so...I dunno. Wouldn't the visitor leave of their own volition, eventually? Like at 2AM when the game makes visitors leave?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#14529 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:41 PM
Nope, they're stuck in there for good. It wouldn't be too bad if there was a way to force the neighbours to answer the door.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Undead Molten Llama
#14530 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:49 PM
Well. That's inconvenient.

And yeah, trying to visit a neighbor is a pain. My apartment-dwellers often roll up wants to visit building-mates in their apartments, but it seems that they only go in there to "sleep," when you can't visit them. I mean, there's a tiny window here and there when they're awake but inside, but otherwise they're hanging out outside or they're at work. So, those wants rarely get filled. I could do with a mod that makes apartment neighbors stay inside (but not asleep) more so they could be visited more easily.

Mad Poster
#14531 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
I think Pescado's apthack keeps them from getting trapped, but I dislike apthack for other reasons.

Top Secret Researcher
#14532 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:46 PM
Would using one of the teleporters work to pull them out?
Mad Poster
#14533 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:02 PM
The teleporter cat wasn't able to see them.

Instructor
#14534 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
The teleporter cat wasn't able to see them.

How can you tell they are actually "in there"? I mean, I would have expected the game would reset them when you leave the lot, send them back to their own lives/lots/households, whatever. Like when you leave a community lot. Weird.
Mad Poster
#14535 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:06 PM
When it happens, you're unable to call them on the telephone. So they're on the lot, but you can't access them.

Top Secret Researcher
#14536 Old Yesterday at 1:45 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : Yesterday at 2:13 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
And yeah, trying to visit a neighbor is a pain. My apartment-dwellers often roll up wants to visit building-mates in their apartments, but it seems that they only go in there to "sleep," when you can't visit them. I mean, there's a tiny window here and there when they're awake but inside, but otherwise they're hanging out outside or they're at work. So, those wants rarely get filled. I could do with a mod that makes apartment neighbors stay inside (but not asleep) more so they could be visited more easily.

Dickhurt's "Wake up apartment neighbors fix" - only for those not using Pescado's apthack (see note below)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344268

EDIT TO ADD: Additional note by Dickhurt which for some reason is posted on his page for "Call to meal fixes and place setting fixes" but not "Wake up apartment neighbors fix"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickhurt
... But you do not need it if you already use apthack by MATY, which seems to have a similar effect as my fix. The "Apartment Fixes" hack from Simlogical's Inge Jones stills needs my fix though.

Inge made a hack related to that which you might be interested in. (I don't use this one myself) Anybody who doesn't like Pescado's apthack might want to take a look at this one instead. I can't tell whether it addresses the problem of visitors getting stuck in neighbors' apartments.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...rtmentFixes.htm
Field Researcher
#14537 Old Yesterday at 2:09 AM
I do use Inges paintings a lot, too may of them, actually. Only some time ago I realised I only should use one or two lol the neighbours were out all the time

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Past the point of no return,
No going back now,
Our passionplay is now begun.
Past thought of right or wrong, final question, how long have we wait before we're one?
~Andrew Loyd Webber (Phantom Of The Opera)
Top Secret Researcher
#14538 Old Yesterday at 3:10 AM
Quote:
When it happens, you're unable to call them on the telephone. So they're on the lot, but you can't access them.

This appears to be normal, or at least it is in my game. None of my apartment dwellers are able to call other sims that live in the same apartment building. If I want an apartment-dweller to talk to her neighbor on the phone, she has to go to a community lot for the neighbor to show up on the phone menu. Very irritating. I don't know of any mods that fix this though.

Is the teleporter cat able to find your stuck visitor if you use the cat from some other normal (non-apartment) residential lot?

Another suggestion if you're absolutely desperate - what would happen if you moved a playable sim into the apartment that the visitor is trapped in? (Obviously, back up the neighborhood first in case this makes things worse.)
Mad Poster
#14539 Old Yesterday at 3:14 AM
You can't really tell which apartment they're trapped in. The problem goes away if you move the playable out, that's all I know about how to fix it. The sim isn't "really" trapped anywhere, since trapped playables can still be played and trapped townies can still be called from other lots. It's only when you're on that particular apartment sublot that the sim is trapped.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Space Pony
#14540 Old Yesterday at 3:37 AM
Is there a way to fix an installed Sim that didn't come with a CC hair mesh? I recently installed one and I can't edit their hair because they're missing their scalp.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#14541 Old Yesterday at 3:54 AM
They'll be fine once they're in CAS.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Space Pony
#14542 Old Yesterday at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
They'll be fine once they're in CAS.

I ran them through CAS and I was able to give them hair, thanks Peni . Now I know what to do in the future.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Test Subject
#14543 Old Yesterday at 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrittenletter
So how does nuking a stuck party controller (with Batbox) work? I downloaded default replacement for the wedding limo without realizing it was broken (deleted it immediately) and it kept repeating the wedding party for me after showing error message when the couple were in the "limo" for a moment. I read from one of the threads that nuking the stuck party controller might work, but i'm scared to try it out, that i break something else. So how does it work?

Posting in case someone else had similar question, i tried the stuck party controller and it worked without any problem!
Mad Poster
#14544 Old Yesterday at 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
This appears to be normal, or at least it is in my game. None of my apartment dwellers are able to call other sims that live in the same apartment building. If I want an apartment-dweller to talk to her neighbor on the phone, she has to go to a community lot for the neighbor to show up on the phone menu. Very irritating. I don't know of any mods that fix this though.

Is the teleporter cat able to find your stuck visitor if you use the cat from some other normal (non-apartment) residential lot?

Another suggestion if you're absolutely desperate - what would happen if you moved a playable sim into the apartment that the visitor is trapped in? (Obviously, back up the neighborhood first in case this makes things worse.)

I was able to both call and teleport the Sim in from another lot.

This was an issue that happened a while ago and I want to prevent happening again, not really a current issue. So I don't know about the playable family.

Instructor
#14545 Old Yesterday at 3:25 PM
I don't know that it's preventable, other than not leaving a neighbouring apartment until making sure all visitors have left. I've seen visitors get stuck in neighbors' apartments before, though usually I have more of a problem with visitors getting stuck in dorms. Same issue, just different type of lot. But while there is a seperate fix for dorms, I don't think there's one for apartments. Perhaps it can be extracted out of apt hack?

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Theorist
#14546 Old Yesterday at 7:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amura
How can I set manually in SimPE the number of vacation days?
I think it is the Bon Voyage tab of the character's Sim Description resource.
Page 582 of 582