Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 9203 (Who?), Viewed: 526237 times.
Page 369 of 369
#9201 Old Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Sugar rush is actually a myth. What really happens is that children are given sugar on special occasions, and it's the excitement from that that makes them more active than usual.

It's also partially because they're told sugar will make them hyper. That's also part of the reason kids hate vegetables--because they're told they should. (The other part is cause their parents can't cook them properly.) It'd be kinda cute but also super impractical if Sim kids refused to eat food with vegetables in it.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Field Researcher
#9202 Old Today at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Sugar rush is actually a myth. What really happens is that children are given sugar on special occasions, and it's the excitement from that that makes them more active than usual.

It's also partially because they're told sugar will make them hyper.

It's also a load of malarkey, as anybody familiar with the endocrine system or metabolism could tell you. As Abraham Lincoln famously said, "Dont believe everything you read on the internet!".

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#9203 Old Today at 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
It's also partially because they're told sugar will make them hyper. That's also part of the reason kids hate vegetables--because they're told they should. (The other part is cause their parents can't cook them properly.) It'd be kinda cute but also super impractical if Sim kids refused to eat food with vegetables in it.

I thought dessert was invented because parents were tired of prying their kids' mouths open and force-feeding them the veggies (or raising undersized adults since veggies make children grow big and strong)

Top Secret Researcher
#9204 Old Today at 3:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
This makes me want to create little kid versions of grilled cheese Sims.
Page 369 of 369