Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 19 (Who?), Viewed: 725 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:24 AM
Default A Royal Progress Report
Hi, Everyone:

Normally I would not create a thread or a post without referencing the game, but I thought it would behoove me to drop this link into the site because so many people have appreciated and admired Sunni from Plumbob Keep for so long.

To wit, she's gravely ill, and in the hospital. The link I post is the updating thread from PBK to let everyone know how she is doing.

Royal Progress Report (Sunni's hospitalization updates)

I'm not intending to make this thread a long one, but just to post this information.

Any comments would be better served by going to PBK to do so.

I sincerely hope and pray for her full recovery.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:28 AM
The link you gave dumped me on a login page - this link works, though:
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...php?f=36&t=9399

I wish her the best of luck and hope she recovers well.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:32 AM
Sorry about that. I've changed the link to the page.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 12:09 PM
Thank you for the update. She is in my every prayer

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#5 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 12:45 PM
We already have a thread in Off Topic by smorbie, but that is okay. I also posted it in general chat yesterday.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:07 AM
Sunni's not doing so well at this point.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:08 AM
Praying for a miracle would be appropriate right now.

Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:22 AM
I will say--that doctor in the conference seems seriously amazing and compassionate. My prayers/intentions go out to him as well as Sunni. Thinking of all involved.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:37 AM
What did the doctor say? I didn't want to watch a video.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#10 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:53 AM
They are going to keep the same treatment and reevaluate on Monday but so far her pressure is worse and they can't operate because of how far in the blood clot is. It's not looking good.

The Doctor was saying it was caused by the fact she had on two birth control patches, which she was using to try and stop what sounds like a horrible cycle. Only mentioning this because please nobody do that. Look for other ways to treat that, it's really dangerous. One patch apparently doubles to triples your chance of blood clot and two would be really high odds. :/ if you use this and start getting headache stop and see a doctor immediately!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#11 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:00 AM
Sigh
#12 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
if you use this and start getting headache stop and see a doctor immediately!

Though it's not what it turned out to be, good idea to also remember the signs of stroke:

Face - is it drooping?
Aarms - can you raise both?
Speech - is it slurred or jumbled?
Time to call 9-1-1!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:46 AM
PLEASE, if anyone you know has any of these symptoms call 911 stat.

My own mother died of a massive cerebral hemorrhage. She was only 50. There was absolutely nothing that could have saved her life at that time-but we have made significant progress in treating stroke and the sooner you get help the better the outcome will be.

Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:41 PM
Well, the stroke was secondary to the blood clot issue. I added a summary of the video to our update thread for those who are not wanting to watch the video (I don't blame you, it's hard to hear).

Sunni's husband, Stas, wanted to make sure that we conveyed his thanks to you folks, as well:

Quote:
I just read the thread on the MTS, I'd appreciate if someone could convey our gratitude to people over there, especially Bubblebeam - Dr Naval has started the thermal therapy a few hours before his/her post <3

"I may be a cold-blooded jelly donut, but my timing is impeccable."
Scholar
#15 Old Yesterday at 1:30 AM
Thankfully the troll hasn't found this thread.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old Yesterday at 6:40 AM
Hopefully they won't, because if they do I will promptly delete the thread. I won't put up with a troll in my own thread. Sorry, but I've had my share of that stuff.

I'm still holding my breath about the medical issues Sunni is facing. As I've said before now is a good time for a miracle for her and Stas.
I hope they receive it.

Scholar
#17 Old Yesterday at 7:47 AM
Sorry for double-posting (?), but I just wanted to ask, for those who don't go into the Off-Topic section very much, but:

Could maybe people who also have tumblrs/simblrs help spread the word and cast out some nets to help support Sunni and her loved ones, if they haven't already?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old Yesterday at 9:46 PM
My grandma had a very similar issue, and thermal therapy is what helped her the most. Sadly, she did pass away shortly after she recovered due to a massive heart attack, possibly onset by all the medications she was on.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old Yesterday at 11:56 PM
There is one thing to be said-the longer this goes on, the (hopefully) more healing goes on, and the Heparin/thermal treatment will have a chance to work on her condition. I'm impressed with her doctor, willing to take a very chancy risk to do anything to help his patient. I know that Stas & Sunni are probably luckier than most when they have a great doctor who's willing to try everything under the sun and somethings that aren't necessarily used in this kind of case.
That's half the battle-the other half is the patient themselves.
It sounds like a battle royal is being fought. Of course the Gracious Monarch is not going to give up without a damn good fight!

#20 Old Today at 12:15 AM
From Wikipedia:

In 2004 the first adequately large scale study on the natural history and long-term prognosis of this condition was reported; this showed that at 16 months follow-up 57.1% of patients had full recovery, 29.5%/2.9%/2.2% had respectively minor/moderate/severe symptoms or impairments, and 8.3% had died.