Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 128 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing cc stairs not allowed
Recently I have had a problem with installing cc stairs in my game. I have all sims 2 games. About 2 months ago I to wipe my hard drive. When I reinstalled all of the Sims 2 games I used the discs instead of going through Origin. When they were installed, I chose to forgo registering each of the disc. Now when I try to add cc stairs in the modular stairs script it tells me I am not authorized to make changes. I have tried installing the stairs In Apartment Life, Mansions & Gardens and The Sims 2. Each time I get the same message. Would not registering the games be the reason I'm unable to install the cc stairs, or is there another reason?
Advertisement
staff: moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:52 AM
Not registering the discs has nothing to do with it. You most likely need to run your game as the administrator - I'm not sure if it's the same with other versions of Windows but for Windows7 you would right click the shortcut on your desktop and click on Run as administrator.

OR: you could try copying the modularstairs text from C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts onto your desktop (or in a folder somewhere) and making the changes to that. Save and move (drag and drop, copy/paste or cut/paste) it back to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. It should just replace the existing file that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
Not registering the discs has nothing to do with it. You most likely need to run your game as the administrator - I'm not sure if it's the same with other versions of Windows but for Windows7 you would right click the shortcut on your desktop and click on Run as administrator.

OR: you could try copying the modularstairs text from C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts onto your desktop (or in a folder somewhere) and making the changes to that. Save and move (drag and drop, copy/paste or cut/paste) it back to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. It should just replace the existing file that way.

Thank you! I will try both of those to see if either one of those works.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:00 AM
Is there a reason why you're doing it the hard way, rather than using Scriptorium?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#5 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha
Is there a reason why you're doing it the hard way, rather than using Scriptorium?

Hey now, I do things the hard way all the time!

Oh, you weren't talking to me, lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha

I've always done it the old way. Looks like I'll have to use Scriptorium. No matter what I try, the old way won't work. Thanks for the input.
Turquoise Dragon
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:36 AM
is it marked read only?