Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 3699 (Who?), Viewed: 158110 times.
Page 148 of 148
#3676 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:05 PM
Thought that tabula rasa spell would stop a sim from whining about loneliness and halt the nagging of ensuring about "hey, we still friends?". Not even magic can stop her. Jeez. Guess I'm gonna take her talkativeness to her own literal grave in the cemetery since she is not taking the hint that the evil witch has zero interest in her.
Mad Poster
#3677 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:17 PM
No, it's the coding. I hate that, too. But, my landlords do the same thing and they aren't paid (at all, I guess). Inevitably, one of my pixels will somehow wander outside with a book and leave. The landlords will pick up it, put it down, pick it up, put it down.....for DAYS unless I delete him. I do while he's holding the book so it removes the source of the problem.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
#3678 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:19 PM
I know that it's coding fault, which I can assume developers overlooked that concern. Though I'll fix it. *Writes it down on a bucket list of hacks/mods to create*
#3679 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietscheente
Maid: Empties trash compactor. Drops trash on the floor right next to trash compactor. Complains about trash on the floor. Picks up trash and puts it back into trash compactor. Immediately empties trash compactor again. And drops trash on the floor again. And complains again. Picks up trash and puts it back into trash compactor. Empties trash compactor and takes trash outside. Drops trash on the ground outside. Goes back inside and resumes cleaning, completely ignoring trash outside. Comes back after 3 hours to pick trash up. Takes trash back inside to the trash compactor. Empties trash compactor and finally takes trash to trashcan outside.

Player: Incoherently screaming at monitor.

This is either a ploy to make more money (she gets paid by the hour after all) or some seriously stupid coding.

I have Cyjon's hack that makes maids use the compost bins when possible, but occasionally if I have a bin in an 'outdoor' area of another apartment, the maid will repeatedly try to route through the neighbour's apartments to reach it, and then dump the trash on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Thought that tabula rasa spell would stop a sim from whining about loneliness and halt the nagging of ensuring about "hey, we still friends?". Not even magic can stop her. Jeez. Guess I'm gonna take her talkativeness to her own literal grave in the cemetery since she is not taking the hint that the evil witch has zero interest in her.

I think it's because the relationship wiping is one-sided. Your Sim's not friends with them anymore, but they're still friends with you.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
#3680 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 3:40 PM
I don't mind the victim/target losing relationship while the user/caster doesn't, but just doesn't make sense. If I know you well, but you don't know me well - why you shouldn't be nagging about how we're not friends when you see me as a complete stranger and you wouldn't even know my contact number by that fact I have wiped out myself of your memories. Amnesia doesn't work like that.
Forum Resident
#3681 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:03 PM
In a way, that previous comment does sound like me in the real world. How I am able to remember people fairly well even after some years, whereas at least one of these people wouldn't even remember me the next day. To me it's both a blessing and a curse.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Alchemist
#3682 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:48 PM
Looking at another thread reminded me of one of my Pet Peeves. Having to save before a birth to quit and reload if I want a specific gender baby. It takes forever sometimes to make the game give me the gender I want. I seriously wish there was a mod for Sims 2 that forces a certain gender.
Forum Resident
#3683 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 10:12 PM
When you give a pet up for adoption, the officer that comes completely stomps one sim's queue. I'm trying to fill the puppy pool, just take them and go!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#3684 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
No, it's the coding. I hate that, too. But, my landlords do the same thing and they aren't paid (at all, I guess). Inevitably, one of my pixels will somehow wander outside with a book and leave. The landlords will pick up it, put it down, pick it up, put it down.....for DAYS unless I delete him. I do while he's holding the book so it removes the source of the problem.

You mean the landlord thinks he can't get into the apartment the book came from? Even though he can come in to fix stuff? I just keep the door unlocked, just to see if anyone interesting will come in.
===
And Strangetown: and in my game, the officer will often leave puppies behind, even after I have been thoughtful enough to take them downstairs and put them in the front yard. And why the POLICE anyway? If there is no "Animal Control" they should send Social Worker!

Namaste
#3685 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 3:50 PM
Had to give up playing the Sims 2. Motor skills deteriorated too much.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3686 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:33 PM
babies...

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart. my group for the pre-mades group http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay...546&groupid=919
hi! i LOVE sims!
my 3 blogs first is ts2 then ts3 then ts4 https://6kittyhats.blogspot.co.uk/ https://66susanhats.blogspot.co.uk/ https://66kittyhats.blogspot.co.uk/
Mad Poster
#3687 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
You mean the landlord thinks he can't get into the apartment the book came from? Even though he can come in to fix stuff? I just keep the door unlocked, just to see if anyone interesting will come in.
===
And Strangetown: and in my game, the officer will often leave puppies behind, even after I have been thoughtful enough to take them downstairs and put them in the front yard. And why the POLICE anyway? If there is no "Animal Control" they should send Social Worker!

The doors in my apartments are seldom locked. My hoods are generally safe places to live. So, the landlord could come in and put the book on the shelf or drop it on the floor. He just enjoys the exercise of standing and bending, standing and bending, standing and bending

IHate, I am more sorry than I can say. I know how much you love this game and it breaks my heart that you can't play anymore. I'm holding onto hope that the doctor will have some help for you when you see him next week. (hugs)

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
#3688 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 6:49 PM
Not holding too much hope at this point. Rather not be disappointed.

Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#3689 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Had to give up playing the Sims 2. Motor skills deteriorated too much.

((((HUGS))))

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#3690 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:42 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister Is there anything we can do? Do you have a favorite thread on here we could post to more or something?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3691 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:04 AM
Ugh, that sucks so much! I hope you're just being pessimistic; but if not, we'll dedicate our games to you and try to provide you with reading matter.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3692 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:29 AM
#3693 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
babies...

Pff, those are easy. Change their crappy pants & give them some MILK. Profit.
#3694 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 1:41 AM
Thanks everyone. Just continue to carry on.

Theorist
#3695 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:26 AM
The rerandomize sim generator on the batbox requires a sim with an empty queue.
#3696 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:39 PM
Pet peeve: When I hear a youtube defines the wrong currency ("Dollars") in the game, which in return makes me violent.
Mad Poster
#3697 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:35 AM
Pet Peeve or more Seriously Annoying Piece of Crap That Makes Me Want to Kill Things ...

Fricking pain in the arse meshes that refuse to behave and as soon as I fix one problem it serves me up with a new one. Go DIAF you *censored*.

Ok, vent over. Now I feel better. XD
Space Pony
#3698 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:17 AM
Terrain's and Beaches. I propose we get totally rid of them (just like sims 4) Stupid hills that no-one can climb up, wonky beaches that refuse to fit nicely anywhere. Don't need it, tile it all flat and then my sims can have an ordered life.

Or I could just learn harder to work with the stupid things.
Test Subject
#3699 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
Terrain's and Beaches. I propose we get totally rid of them (just like sims 4) Stupid hills that no-one can climb up, wonky beaches that refuse to fit nicely anywhere. Don't need it, tile it all flat and then my sims can have an ordered life.

Or I could just learn harder to work with the stupid things.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well, but in my case I would rather my sims just learn how to walk over the damn terrain. I had a toddler once get loose. She found her way to the middle of very mildly uneven terrain perfectly easily, but then three different sims threw routing tantrums at me when they tried to get to her from various directions. If she was moving around fine, why couldn't they? And why can they climb up high hills with no problem, but can't walk over a tiny little bump?
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#3700 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:47 AM
Sometimes it's just one sim. I had a household, fair size and everyone but one male teen could walk back to the house unguided from the pond. I would have to tell him to go to the garden and then the house. They also had some uneven terrain out the front which he said was impassable but nobody else had an issue with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 148 of 148